The BMV-712 is a high precision battery monitor. The essential function of a battery monitor is to calculate ampere hours consumed and the state of charge of a battery. Ampere hours consumed are calculated by integrating the current flowing in or out of the battery.
With Bluetooth built-in, the BMV Smart is ready for the Internet of Things (IoT) era. With Bluetooth being implemented in most other Victron Energy products, wireless communication between products will simplify system installation and enhance performance.
- Battery voltage, current, power, ampere-hours consumed and state of charge.
- Remaining time at the current rate of discharge.
- Programmable visual and audible alarm.
- Programmable relay, to turn off non critical loads or to run a generator when needed.
- 500 Amp quick connect shunt and connection kit.
- Shunt selection capability up to 10,000 Amps.
- VE.Direct communication port.
- Stores a wide range of historical events, which can be used to evaluate usage patterns and battery health.
- Wide input voltage range: 6.5 – 70 V
- High current measurement resolution: 10 mA (0.01 A)
- Additional input to measure voltage (of a second battery), temperature or midpoint voltage, and corresponding alarm and relay settings.