The MPPT VE.Can SmartSolar charger uses the latest and fastest technology to convert energy from a solar array into energy that optimally charges a battery banks.
The SmartSolar charge controller will even recharge a severely depleted battery. It can operate with a battery voltage as low as 0 Volts, provided the cells are not permanently sulphated or otherwise damaged.
MPPT: Ultra Fast Maximum Power Point Tracking
The MPPT VE.Can SmartSolar charger connects to a PV array of 150 or 250 Volt Voc and will automatically detect and charge your 12, 24, or 48V battery bank with current ranging from 70 to 100A depending on the model.
The charge settings are fully programmable and can even be set up for different battery chemistries, like lead-acid, lithium and others.
Control Your Charger Remotely
The MPPT VE.Can SmartSolar charger can be remotely controlled and configured over Bluetooth via the VictronConnect App. This allows device set-up, management, and at-a-glance information, such as battery voltage and current, PV voltage and current, and historical data.
Daisy Chain Additional Units
The VE.Can SmartSolar charger is equipped with CAN bus ports. This allows for communication with additional VE.Can SmartSolar chargers. The additional units are simply “daisy chained” to each other with a single RJ45 cable between the individual units.
When connected to each other, all individual VE.Can SmartSolar chargers, will synchronise their charge stages. They can also send their data, via a single cable, to a GX monitoring device.
Remote Monitoring and Control
If the GX device is connected to the internet, the Victron Remote Management Portal (VRM) provides access to the full power of your solar charger(s).For remote installations - even when there is no internet connection nearby - you may be able to monitor your MPPT by connecting the GlobalLink 520.
SmartSolar Control Display
- Battery Voltage: 12/24V/48V Auto Select (36V Manual)
- Rated charge Current: 70 A
- Nominal PV Power 12V: 1000 W
- Nominal PV Power 24V: 2000 W
- Nominal PV Power 36V: 3000 W
- Nominal PV Power 48V: 4000 W
- Max PV Short circuit current: 50 A (Max 30A per MC4 Conn.)
- Max PV Open circuit Voltage: 150 V absolute maximum coldest conditions,145V Start-up and operating maximum
- Peak Efficiency: 98%
- Charge Voltage Absorption: Default setting 14.4 /28.8/43.2/57.6 V(adjustable with rotary switch, display, VE.Direct or Bluetooth)
- Charge Voltage float: default setting 13.8 / 27.6/41.4/55.2 V(adjustable with rotary switch display, VE.Direct or bluetooth)
- Data Communication Port: VE.Direct , VE.Can , Bluetooth
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 215 x 250 x 95 mm